Hello! Hey! Hi there!
My name is Cristina Chipurici, and I’m also known as Pyuric (wordplay based on my family name).
My superpowers? Accelerated learning, searching for the best ways to do things, and sharing the essential information with others.
Currently focused on empowering high performers, through content, workshops and as a coach. Working with people who have challenging missions and the power to inspire large communities, such as entrepreneurs, musicians, writers, endurance athletes, and so on.
I’m helping others remain sane in the digital era, amplify the impact of their mission and support them in achieving their goals. Supporting people to make better decisions, become more productive, create healthier habits, recalibrate, and deal with anxiety caused by information overwhelm and/or social pressure. All these come with book recommendations that will accelerate their learning and skills development.
Background: 12+ years of experience at the intersection of digital marketing, startups, music and books, either creating and/or promoting content projects, brands and artists – all detailed below.
You might also want to know about me that:
- My main way to communicate is through a longform newsletter I write (Romanian language), on various personal development topics, with book recommendations and other resources. It’s called Cristina’s Friday Read and it’s read by thousands of Romanians, with average 70% open rate. You can learn more about it here, read some recent emails and decide if it makes sense to subscribe.
- I now read more than 60 non-fiction books per year, but in my 20s I wasn’t reading at all, not even 1 book per year. I shared everything I learned on this topic in a guide about how to read more books. BBC featured my story in an article about how to cultivate a daily reading habit.
- In my spare time I recharge my ‘batteries’ through long-distance running (preferably on mountain trails). Running changed my life, so now I’m guiding others who want to build this habit. If you’re based in Bucharest and want to start running from scratch, you can join 321sport, an urban running group that grew into the largest of its kind in Romania – find us every Tuesday evening, starting 1930, Herăstrău Park – Aviatorilor entrance.
- Beginner’s mindset. Stoic wannabe. For personality geeks: INTJ. Gallup strengths: Restorative, Learner, Relator, Analytical, Responsibility.
- I’m a marketing consultant at PORC (Romanian streetwear brand est. 2012).
- 2017: I co-founded The CEO Library together with Bobby Voicu, a project with books recommended by those who are among the best in the world at what they do. Interviewed 250+ leaders on the subject of books that shaped their professional journey, healthy habits and skills required for the future of work, and wrote hundreds of newsletters and articles that support building a life-changing habit of reading books. Transitioned out 2+ years later, explained here why.
- Held several digital marketing roles at startups or agencies, both as individual contributor and as a manager. In chronological order: e-Ok.ro (founded in 2008 / first ad-supported music streaming platform in Romania) Zonga (founded in 2012 / Romanian music streaming service), Upswing (joined in 2015 / formerly known as SEO Monitor Agency), Golin – The Bridge (in charge of The Bridge – the digital media department of Golin PR agency), Heimdal Security (joined in 2016 / Copenhagen-based cybersecurity company).
- For several years, I worked as a music digital marketer, promoting artists; started with pop-dance, but specialized in hip-hop and rock. Collaborated with Guess Who, Grasu XXL, Maximilian, Spike, JJ, Agresiv, Puya, Inna, Alex Velea, Hi-Q, Bitză, Andreea Bănică, CTC, Bucium, and many others.
- In 2007 I co-founded a music blog called Monden.info and, building on a clean content policy, turned it into the most popular entertainment website in Romania. Successfully exited a few years later (first acquisition of a blog in our country).
- Studies in Music Business at Berklee College of Music, Journalism (2006-2009), and graduated from an English bilingual highschool (George Coșbuc, Bucharest).
If you’re a marketer or owner of a business / agency, before reaching out please note that I’m not a blogger or “influencer”. I don’t go to events, concerts or press conferences, I don’t publish news about companies or a new product launch, I don’t accept paid content, ads, free products, barters, link exchange or guest posting. I have a proactive content strategy, not one reactive to marketing or PR efforts. If this bothers you, maybe you should switch careers.
If you’re looking for a coach to support you & help you change your life, if you have an inspiring and challenging mission and you think I might be able to help, there’s only one way to find out: send me an email and let’s meet for a coffee or matcha. We’ll talk about your current biggest challenge, your dreams and goals, and decide together if / how I can help and what would be the next steps.
If you just want to say hello, to thank me for a decision I helped you with, to share an interesting thought or idea, or if you want to recommend me a book that you read and thought I might enjoy, please feel free to reach out.
I read everything, but sadly I’m not able to reply all the email I receive, as I first focus on messages from those I regularly work with. That being said, you can find me at: contact at cristina chipurici dot ro.
Motto: “Develop the habit of letting small bad things happen. If you don’t, you’ll never find the time for the life-changing big things.” (via Tim Ferriss)
This page was last updated in: October 2019