Hello, hey, hi there!
My name is Cristina Chipurici, but I’m mostly known as Pyuric (old nickname based on my family name).
I’m on a mission to empower people, help them remain sane and amplify their impact. I’m supporting them to make better decisions, create healthier habits, recalibrate, deal with anxiety and stress caused by information overwhelm and digital pressure.
Currently focused on raising awareness about our toxic relationship with technology: smartphones, social media platforms and other apps that trigger addiction. I share what I’ve learned from my personal experience on the subject of building healthier habits, from taking back digital control, how to start practicing sports (I went from a sedentary life to competing in long-distance mountain trail running races) or read more (went from almost none to reading 60 non-fiction books per year). I do this through the content I create, workshops, public speaking and working one-on-one with people. I work best with misfits and rebels who have challenging missions and the power to inspire large communities, such as entrepreneurs, musicians, writers, endurance athletes and so on.
Authenticity, self-sufficiency, curiosity, skepticism. The courage to change myself, my beliefs and ideas, to ignore social conventions or trends, and to pass everything through the rational filter: “Does it make sense? Will it work?“. These are my compass-values, they’ll guide everything I do and every decision I make needs to pass these filters.
My superpowers? Accelerated learning skills, the ability to ask the right questions, gather and understand new knowledge. I’m always looking for better ways to do thing. I also enjoy curating and sharing that essential information with others, so they won’t make the same mistakes.
My best content is shared with those subscribed to my newsletter, Cristina’s Friday Read (Romanian language). I write on various personal development topics, with book recommendations and other resources. Subscribe (please note that it’s long-form, only text; if you’re used to spammy, short emails filled with entertaining gifs and you can’t focus for longer span of time, this is not for you).
Started writing on this blog in 2006. Background: 13+ years of experience at the intersection of digital marketing, startups, music and books, either creating and/or promoting content projects, brands and artists – all detailed below.
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO KNOW THAT:
- I’m driven by the process of learning. I’m a stoic wannabe. For personality geeks: INTJ; Gallup strengths: Restorative, Learner, Relator, Analytical, Responsibility.
- In my spare time I run to recharge my ‘batteries’ (preferably long-distances on mountain trails). Running changed my life, so now I’m guiding others who want to build this habit.
- I now read more than 60 non-fiction books per year, but in my 20s I wasn’t reading almost at all. BBC featured my story in an article about how to cultivate a daily reading habit. I also wrote a guide about how to start reading books.
- Involved in Romanian streetwear brand PORC (webstore est. 2012). Contributing to multiple key aspects, from business to marketing.
- 2017-2019: Co-founded and ran The CEO Library together with Bobby Voicu. It’s a website with books recommended by those who are among the best in the world at what they do. Interviewed 250+ leaders on the subject of books that shaped their lives. Transitioned out in 2019.
- 2008-2017: Held several digital marketing roles (individual contributor and manager), working with musicians, startups or agencies. Teamed up with Guess Who, Grasu XXL, Maximilian, Spike, JJ, Agresiv, Puya, Inna, Alex Velea, Hi-Q, Bitză, Andreea Bănică, CTC, Bucium, and many others. Worked as a Content Marketer at Heimdal Security (cybersec startup based in Copenhagen); Music Relationship Manager at Zonga (local music streaming service); content marketer at SEO Monitor (UpSwing agency); Digital Manager at Golin.
- 2007: Co-founded a music blog called Monden.info (rebranded as Urban.ro) and, building on a clean content policy (no gossips or scandals), turned it into the most popular entertainment website in Romania. Successful exit a few years later – first acquisition of a blog in our country.
- Studied Music Business at Berklee College of Music, Journalism, and graduated from George Coșbuc English bilingual highschool (Bucharest).
CONTACT / WORK WITH ME:
You can find me at: contact at cristina chipurici dot ro. Please note that I might not be able to reply all incoming emails, but I do read everything in my inbox.
Motto: “Develop the habit of letting small bad things happen. If you don’t, you’ll never find the time for the life-changing big things.” (via Tim Ferriss)
This page was last updated in: January 2020