Hello, hey, hi there!
My name is Cristina Chipurici, but I’m mostly known as Pyuric (old nickname based on my family name).
I’m on a mission to empower people, help them remain sane and amplify their impact. I make it happen through content creation (long-form writing, interviews, podcast episodes) and small group workshops.
Currently focused on raising awareness about our toxic relationship with technology: smartphones, social media platforms, email, chat apps, information overwhelm and so on. I share what I’ve learned from my personal experience on the subject of building healthier habits, from taking back digital control, how to start practicing sports (I went from a sedentary life to competing in long-distance mountain trail running races) or read more (went from almost none to reading 60 non-fiction books per year).
I work best with misfits and rebels who have challenging missions and the power to inspire large communities, such as entrepreneurs, musicians, writers or endurance athletes. I’m supporting them to make better decisions, create healthier digital habits, recalibrate, deal with anxiety and stress caused by information overwhelm, FOMO and pressure.
My superpowers? Accelerated learning skills, the ability to ask the right questions, gather and understand new knowledge. I’m always looking for better ways to do things, and enjoy curating and sharing essential information with others, so they won’t make the same mistakes.
Authenticity, self-sufficiency, curiosity, skepticism. The courage to change myself, my beliefs and ideas, to ignore social conventions or trends, and to pass everything through the rational filter: “Does it make sense? Will it work?“. These are my values that serve as a compass and guide every decision I make.
Creator of a newsletter (long-form, text) on self-development topics, where I share what I’ve personally learned and the books that guided me along the way: Cristina’s Friday Read
I’m also the host of a monthly podcast where I interview those who had a positive impact in my life.
Started blogging here in 2006.
Work background: 13+ years of experience in digital marketing, tech startups, music, ecommerce and non-fiction books, at the crossroad of content creation & marketing, either creating and/or promoting content projects, brands and artists – all detailed below.
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO KNOW THAT:
- I’m driven by the process of learning. I’m a stoic wannabe. For personality geeks: INTJ; Gallup strengths: Restorative, Learner, Relator, Analytical, Responsibility.
- In my spare time I run to recharge my ‘batteries’ (preferably long-distances on mountain trails). Running changed my life, so now I’m guiding others who want to build this habit.
- In now read a lot (in 2019 I read 70 non-fiction books), but when I was in my 20s I wasn’t reading almost at all. BBC featured my story in an article about how to cultivate a daily reading habit. I also wrote a guide about how to start reading books.
- Supporting Romanian streetwear brand PORC (webstore est. 2012). Contributing to multiple key aspects, from business to marketing.
- 2017-2019: Co-founded and ran The CEO Library together with Bobby Voicu. It’s a website with books recommended by those who are among the best in the world at what they do. Interviewed 250+ leaders on the subject of books that shaped their lives. Transitioned out in 2019.
- 2008-2017: Held several digital marketing roles (individual contributor and manager), working with musicians, startups or agencies. Teamed up with Guess Who, Grasu XXL, Maximilian, Spike, JJ, Agresiv, Puya, Inna, Alex Velea, Hi-Q, Bitză, Andreea Bănică, CTC, Bucium, and many others. Worked as a Content Marketer at Heimdal Security (cybersec startup based in Copenhagen); Music Relationship Manager at Zonga (local music streaming service); content marketer at SEO Monitor (UpSwing agency); Digital Manager at Golin.
- 2007: Co-founded a music blog called Monden.info (rebranded as Urban.ro) and, building on a clean content policy (no gossips or scandals), turned it into the most popular entertainment website in Romania. Successful exit a few years later – first acquisition of a blog in our country.
- Studied Music Business at Berklee College of Music, Journalism, and graduated from George Coșbuc English bilingual highschool (Bucharest).
CONTACT / WORK WITH ME:
You can find me at: contact at cristina chipurici dot ro. Please note that I might not be able to reply all incoming emails, but I do read everything in my inbox.
Motto: “Develop the habit of letting small bad things happen. If you don’t, you’ll never find the time for the life-changing big things.” (via Tim Ferriss)
This page was last updated in: February 2020