Blogging since 2006. Born and based in Bucharest, Romania. 12+ years of experience @ digital marketing: content, social media, PR, copywriting, email marketing and influencers campaigns (no performance-based advertising). Learned by starting and leading several content projects, and also worked for musicians, startups (music streaming platforms, cybersecurity software) and digital agencies.
– Co-founder, lead of marketing and content efforts at The CEO Library (est. 2017 w/ Bobby Voicu), a project with books recommended by those who are among the best in the world at what they do. Guiding more than 75,000 people per month towards the non-fiction books that will accelerate their learning. Interviewed 250+ leaders on the subject of books that shaped their professional journey, healthy habits and skills required for the future of work.
BBC featured my story in this guide about how to read more.
– Coordinating the communications team at Romanian streetwear brand PORC – transitioned to this position in late 2018 from the consultant role held since 2012.
– Free time activity: mountain trails running. Member of 321sport community for almost 5 years (largest urban running group in Romania). Since then, I’ve been supporting / guiding people who want to start practicing sports from zero and create a sustainable lifetime habit of running.
– 2007: co-founded Monden.info (currently known as Urban.ro), an entertainment blog built on a clean content policy (well researched, no scandals, gossips, clickbait), and grew it into the most popular music project in Romania. Sold it to Orlando Nicoară at the end of 2008 – first acquisition of a blog in our country. Led the team until 2011.
– 2009-2012: digital marketer and manager for indie musicians, specialized in hip-hop & rock subcultures: Guess Who, Grasu XXL, Maximilian, CTC, Bucium, among others. Helped them grow and nurture their fan base.
– 2008-2017: held several digital marketing roles (from individual contributor to manager). In chronological order: e-Ok.ro (founded in 2008 / first ad-supported streaming platform in Romania) Zonga (founded in 2012 / Romanian music streaming service), Upswing (joined in 2015 / formerly known as SEO Monitor Agency), Golin (join in 2015 / in charge of The Bridge – digital & social media agency), Heimdal Security (joined in 2016 / Copenhagen-based cybersecurity company).
Born & raised in Bucharest, Romania. Graduated from ‘George Coșbuc’ English Bilingual Highschool. Studies in Journalism (2006-2009) and Music Business at Berklee College of Music.
Motto: “Develop the habit of letting small bad things happen. If you don’t, you’ll never find the time for the life-changing big things.” (discovered here)
You can reach out at: contact at cristina chipurici dot ro
This page was last updated in: August 2019