Hello! Hey! Hi there!
My name is Cristina Chipurici and I’m also known as Pyuric (wordplay based on my family name).
Authenticity, self-sufficiency, curiosity, skepticism. The courage to change myself, my beliefs and ideas, to ignore social conventions or trends, and to pass everything through the rational filter: “Does it make sense, does it work?”. These values guide what I do and every decision I make needs to pass these filters.
My superpowers? Accelerated learning, the ability to ask the right questions, gather and understand new knowledge and skills. I’m always searching for the best ways to do things and sharing that essential information with others, so they won’t make the same mistakes.
I’m on a mission to empower others, help them remain sane and to amplify the impact of their mission. I’m supporting them to make better decisions, create healthier habits, recalibrate, deal with anxiety and stress caused by social media, news, chat apps and information overwhelm.
I work best with misfits and rebels who have challenging missions and the power to inspire large communities, such as entrepreneurs, musicians, writers, endurance athletes and so on.
Background: 12+ years of experience at the intersection of digital marketing, startups, music and books, either creating and/or promoting content projects, brands and artists – all detailed below.
You might also want to know about me that:
- I’m driven by the process of learning. I’m a stoic wannabe. For personality geeks: INTJ; Gallup strengths: Restorative, Learner, Relator, Analytical, Responsibility.
- My best content is shared with those subscribed to my mailing list: Cristina’s Friday Read, a long-form newsletter (Romanian language) on various personal development topics, with book recommendations and other resources. You can subscribe or learn more about it here.
- I read more than 60 non-fiction books per year, but in my 20s I wasn’t reading almost at all. BBC featured my story in an article about how to cultivate a daily reading habit. I also wrote a guide about how to start reading books.
- In my spare time I run to recharge my ‘batteries’ (preferably long-distances on mountain trails). Running changed my life, so now I’m guiding others who want to build this habit.
- Involved in Romanian streetwear brand PORC (webstore est. 2012). Contributing to multiple key aspects, from business to marketing, logistics, strategy, copywriting, hiring people, and others.
- 2017-2019: Co-founded and ran The CEO Library together with Bobby Voicu. It’s a website with books recommended by those who are among the best in the world at what they do. Interviewed 250+ leaders on the subject of books that shaped their lives. Transitioned out in 2019, explained here why.
- Before 2017: Held several digital marketing roles (individual contributor and manager), working with musicians, startups or agencies. Teamed up with Guess Who, Grasu XXL, Maximilian, Spike, JJ, Agresiv, Puya, Inna, Alex Velea, Hi-Q, Bitză, Andreea Bănică, CTC, Bucium, and many others. Businesses: content marketer at Heimdal Security (cybersec startup based in Copenhagen); Music Relationship Manager at Zonga (local music streaming service); content marketer at SEO Monitor (UpSwing agency); Digital Manager at Golin.
- 2007: Co-founded a music blog called Monden.info and, building on a clean content policy (no gossips or scandals), turned it into the most popular entertainment website in Romania. Successfully exited a few years later (first acquisition of a blog in our country).
- Studied Music Business at Berklee College of Music, Journalism (2006-2009), and graduated from George Coșbuc English bilingual highschool (Bucharest).
If you’re a marketer or owner of a business or an agency, before reaching out do take into consideration that I have a proactive content strategy, not one reactive to PR efforts. I’m not a ‘blogger’ or an ‘influencer’, I’m extremely careful about how I spend my time and that’s why I rarely go to events, concerts or press conferences. I don’t do paid content, barters, link exchange, guest posting, and I don’t publish press releases.
However, I sometimes do take on consulting projects – depending on how inspiring your company’s mission is, if it brings a challenge, and if it will have a big impact in the world.
If you just want to say hello, to thank me for a decision I helped you with, to share an interesting thought or idea, or if you want to recommend me a book that you read and thought I might enjoy, please feel free to reach out.
That being said, you can find me at: contact at cristina chipurici dot ro. Please note that I might not be able to reply all incoming emails, but I do read everything in my inbox.
Motto: “Develop the habit of letting small bad things happen. If you don’t, you’ll never find the time for the life-changing big things.” (via Tim Ferriss)
This page was last updated in: October 2019